Discussion for this week's lecture will include:
- what is a domain name?
- who ultimately controls domain names - what roles do ICANN, auDA play?
- what legal rights do you have in a domain name?
- how much are domain names worth?
- what is cybersquatting?
- how can you resolve domain name disputes? Please be familiar with the elements of the UDRP and the auDRP. Are these processes preferable to court? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
- how would you go about judging a domain name dispute under the UDRP? Are the decisions consistent?
- what other policies and legal issues impact on an entitlement to domain names?
- new GTLDs